The Miami Tech Talent Coalition convenes employer-led workgroups focused on priority areas needed for the creation of tech talent pipelines. This second meeting will give workgroup chairs the opportunity to present on the current state and goals of the working group.
The following working groups will be present:
- Inclusive Tech Pipeline – Opportunities to recruit, onboard and retain non-traditional talent pools from Miami’s rich diverse talent pool. Chaired by Toia Santamarina of GET Cities and Selenis Leguisamon (AWS). Advised by Angelica Santibanez (Amazon)
- Emerging Tech – Opportunities for entry-level technology jobs, internships, and apprenticeships. Chaired by Charles Irizarry (BRIM), Ken Finneran (eMed), and advised by Tracey Hernandez (Kaseya)
- Tech Skills Gap – Re-skilling/Upskilling existing employees and reviewing skills gaps in the market. Chaired by Olga Naumavich (Milennium Management) and Jacqueline Fenster (Momentum, and advised by Luis Lepe (Telefonica Tech).
- Small Business Capacity Building – Creating tech talent pathways for Micro and Small Businesses. Chaired by Reginald Andre (ARK Solvers)
Interested in Joining a Workgroup? Complete this Survey
The Kick-Off of February 17th, 2023 of the Tech Talent Coalition was the launch of a ground-breaking effort to drive active collaboration among critical stakeholders to create a sustainable and fortified local tech talent pipeline.
Over the last few years, South Florida has been among the U.S. metro areas with the highest growth in tech job creation. The region has also witnessed a significant increase in student enrollment numbers across tech programs offered by local academic institutions and training providers. However, many graduates from these education programs ultimately leave South Florida after they are unable to find a tech job locally, while employers struggle to find local talent. This disconnect is the challenge the Tech Talent Coalition will solve at a regional level.
What exactly is the Tech Talent Coalition?
The Tech Talent Coalition is an industry-led, tech-sector partnership that brings together a critical mass of business leaders with education and training providers to align academic programs with the actual needs of the tech industry. As part of the Coalition, employers drive ongoing discussion regarding common priorities in required skills sets, as well as the development of employer-driven training models that guarantee pathways to employment for South Florida residents. Employers commit to participate in meetings, meet with academic partners, and hire tech talent.
Who should join the Tech Talent Coalition?
– Decision-makers in businesses looking to hire talent in tech-related positions in South Florida;
– C-level executives that believe that the success of their business is related to the success of their community;
– Academic institution and training providers wanting to stay up to date with hiring trends in tech;
– Individuals with a passion for Miami’s tech talent development.
Joining the Tech Talent Coalition is FREE. We just need your time commitment and active engagement in coalition meetings.
The Tech Talent Coalition is powered by Miami Tech Works, a $10-million grant award from the Good Jobs Challenge initiative by the Economic Development Administration.
Venture Miami Hiring Fair
On April 26th, the Venture Miami Hiring Fair will connect local talent with new and established companies that are actively seeking to hire. This event is an excellent opportunity for you to meet with qualified candidates, promote your brand, and connect with the Miami tech community. Please fill out the Employer Registration Form here.
We have a desire to make sure all of our major tech players are represented. Accordingly, we request all Tech Talent Coalition members register.
The event is completely free of charge to all exhibiting companies. The time commitment is 3 PM setup for employers, candidates will be filtering in from 4-7 PM, dinner will be catered by Coyo Taco.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from the Venture Miami team directly.
Founding organizations committed to the success of the Tech Talent Coalition include:
City of Miami
Miami-Dade Beacon Council
Miami Dade College
Florida International University
OIC of South Florida
Florida Memorial University
CareerSource South Florida
Note that by signing up to this event you are subscribing to the Miami Tech Talent Coalition monthly newsletter.